These sad love quotes are sure to resonate with anyone who just lost an important relationship in their life. In the comments below, share which quote you related to the most. Allow these sad quotes to inspire you to see a light at the end of the tunnel and push you past the heartache.
Table of Contents
Heart Touching Sad Quotes About Relationship
- “Our greatest joy and our greatest pain come in our relationships with others.” – Stephen R. Covey
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.” – Unknown
- It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” – Miguel de Unamuno
- Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” ― Faraaz Kazi
- If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.” – Thomas Otway
- It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” – Ella Harper
- There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
- When you think your first falling in love, just then you realize you’re falling out of love.” – David Grayson .
- “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
- Since I can’t be with you right now I will have to be content just dreaming about when we will be together again.” – Susan Polis Schutz
- I cannot eat, I cannot drink; the pleasures of youth and love are fled away: there was a good time once, but now that is gone, and life is no longer life.” – Plato
- “Falling in love is like holding a candle. Initially it lightens up the world around you. Then it starts melting and hurt you. Finally it goes off and everything is darker than ever and all you are left with is the.. BURN!” ― Syed Arshad
- “I wonder if I could take back every ‘I love you’ ever said to you, would I do it?” ― Faraaz Kazi
- “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a bell jar….starved for love.” ― Ayushee Ghoshal
- “People love each other for many reasons, not all of them good. They love each other because it’s easy. Or because they’re used to it. Or because they’ve given up. Or because they’re scared.” ― Nathan Hill
- “He was acting like our kiss had broken him, and his reaction was breaking me.” ― Shannon A. Thompson
- Love lies in those unsent drafts in your mailbox. Sometimes you wonder whether things would have been different if you’d clicked ‘Send’. – Faraaz Kazi
- Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable. – Nicholas Sparks
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.” – Anais Nin
- “It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” ― Samuel Butler
- We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care at all. Eleanor Roosevel
- A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel.Shakti Gawain
- Almost all of our sorrows spring out of our relations with other people. Arthur Schopenhauer
- Never place someone so high on a pedestal that if they should fall… you get crushed. Mark W. Boyer
- It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company.George Washington
You Can Also Read: Famous Long Distance Relationship Quotes
Sad Quotes About Love That Makes You Cry
Everyone knows, love is not always pink. At first, it’s passion, but then there are often ups and downs. And yes, love can be sad too! You will find many sad phrases about love, quotes or other small texts, “perfect” for a man or a woman. You can send these sad quotes to someone you know so you can find the right words to describe your feelings.
- ” Crying Alone, What an art, Questions are yours and Answers also…”
- “Care too little, you will lose them. Care too much, you will get hurt.”
- And If you’ve never feel your soul being torn apart, You’ve never loved anyone with all your heart.
- Funny how losing someone ruins your ability to love anyone else just as deeply.
- I just wish I could lose these feelings as fast as I lost you.
- Sometimes the people you care about and wanted as part of your story are only meant to be a chapter.
- “Love is available everywhere. Care is limited edition emotion.
- But When you started caring too much, you started losing yourself.”
- This whole time, I’ve been loving a memory.
- “Why is it that when the story ends we begin to feel all of it.”
- “Finally realized that I was never asking for too much, I was just asking the wrong person.”
- Nothing was very easy..But may be that was the beauty of it.
- There is nothing more dangerous than a man who can no longer cry.
- You don’t miss the person, You miss the feeling.
- Love is a necessary tragedy.
- Love made the danger in you look like safety.
- Sometimes we love too deeply, and it makes us laugh and bleed.
- Love tastes like honey and stings like thousands of bees.
- I couldn’t heal because I kept pretending I wasn’t heart.
- The rain falls because the clouds can no longer handle the weight, Tears fall because the heart can no longer handle the pain.
- Time can heal a broken heart. But time can also break a waiting heart.
- No matter how much you HATE them, When you see them getting HURT , you start CARING again.
- I just love rain, because when I cry in rain it feels like someone is wiping my tears.
- Love gives pain everyone, some are writhing the pain, some are reading the pain.
- One heart is falling, Another one is breaking. Every heart is pawn in love.
Also Read: Breakfast At Tiffany’s Quotes
Sad Quotes About Love and Pain
If you can’t figure out where you stand with someone, it might be time to stop standing and start walking.” Sad quotes about love and pain “Just because a relationship ends doesn’t mean two people stopped loving each other. They just stopped hurting each other.” keep moving forward quotes “Let your past make you better not bitter.”
- “Among my stillness was a pounding heart.”― Shannon A. Thompson
- “When the person you love can’t see your love for them beneath the painful things you say when they reject you, remember this: Love is blind.”― Shannon L. Alder
- “Every night, I laid awake with your memories flooding through my eyes with the hope to be with you when sleep arrived.”― Anmol Rawat
- “Sometimes we hurt the ones we love, but hurting ourselves to avoid it doesn’t make it better.”― Shannon A. Thompson
- “I knew that the pain I felt now was here to stay. In many forms. Through many nights.”
― Melita Tessy,
- “True love is many things and can survive the strongest and most painful of times. When love comes out the other side of a fire, it may be scarred forever, but this bruised love is somehow only greater for having survived the pain.”― John Carter Cash
- “Why do you speak like we won’t meet again for such a long time?”
“Because we didn’t, for such a long time,”― Sapan Saxena,
- “I vow not to show, not to reveal
my burnings, my ashes, and your embers, your flames running rampant
on my will to lift myself from your reminiscence.”― Yarro Rai
- “To live in a hallucination of being loved is more painful than rejection.”― Vinaya Panicker
- “I don’t defend pain, But I do respect its ability to make us stronger and wiser after it stings.”― Micheline Jean Louis
- “Past relationships are a loss, so we have to deal with them like loss. We must fully grieve. We must feel the depth of our pain so that our pain doesn’t become the home where we learn to live.”― Jackie Viramontez
- “I liked you… How ironic that the words that I’m finally able to say… signal the end”― Nagamu Nanaji
- “I was haunted by a painful desire for her, like the thirst of a voyageur in the desert. My feelings burst. Regret panged within me.”― Anoir Ou-Chad
- “Love is knowing that your feet carry you to a painful place, and still go anyway.”― Mitta Xinindlu
- “Tangled in my powder white bed sheets as you’re longing for my ribs to be crushed under the weight of your black and only then, I’ll know it’s true.”― Lea Malot
- “The loneliness I feel when I am alone is better than the sadness I feel when I am with you.”― Garima Soni
- “Love is never supposed to hurt. Love is supposed to heal, to be your haven from misery, to make living worthwhile.” – Mia Asher
- “It’s the love that goes through the hardest trials and survives that’s worth having.” – Katie Ashley
- “I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
- “The flame of love is now just a cold loneliness.” – Uniek Swain
- “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamartine
- “There is nothing in the world so wonderful as to love and be loved; there is nothing so devastating as love lost.” – Unknown
- “My love lies bleeding.” – Thomas Campbell
- “The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.” – K. Chesterton
- “Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.” – John Dryden
Also Read: Top 30 Thinking Of You Quotes
Sad Quotes About Relationships Ending
These ending relationship quotes will inspire you to accept that the relationship is over and move on in life. Things may seem difficult in the beginning but with time you will heal and the pain will be gone.
- “You & Me : The End.”
- “The heart was made to be broken.”- Oscar Wilde
- “If a relationship is founded on love it doesn’t end.”
- “Lies don’t end relationships, usually the truth does…”
- “It takes bravery to end a relationship.” – Leona Lewis
- “Death ends a life, not a relationship.”- Robert Benchley
- “And in the end all I learned was how to be strong alone.”
- “Love is unconditional, relationships are not.”- Grant Gudmundson
- “You may not pushing me away but you’re not fighting to keep me either.”
- “You cannot start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last.”
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime.”- Bette Davis
- “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.”- Victoria Holt
- “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.”- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “You learn more about someone at the end of a relationship than at the beginning.”
- “Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship – never.”- Charles Caleb Colton
- “Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve.”
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”- Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “The loss of love is not nearly as painful as our resistance to accepting it is.”- Tigress Luv
- “Your heart breaks when you find a love that is not for you, so just let love to find you up.”
- “If a relationship is to evolve, it must go through a series of endings.”- Christopher Morley
- “If love breaks more than a heart, maybe it’s a sign and time to step out.”- Anthony Liccione
- “You learn more about someone at the end of a relationship than you do at the beginning.”
- “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.”- Sarah Mlynowski
- “And it was apart you wanted to change this challenge and so I gave just that to you, away.”
Above, all sad quotes about relationship.You are sad because you’re a personal problem or any other reason, you above all sad quotes about relationship that you can read and share with others to express your feelings.
Also Read: Toxic Relationship Quotes