A toxic relationship is not good for either of the partners. You may try to revive it by making things better, but there comes a time when you may realize that it is best to get out of it and give your love life a fresh start.In this post, we bring you the best toxic relationship quotes that you may be able to relate to and understand your situation better if you are indeed in a toxic relationship.
Table of Contents
Top 25 Toxic Relationship Quotes
- “No partner in a love relationship… should feel that he has to give up an essential part of himself to make it viable.” – May Sarton
- “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.” – Phil McGraw
- “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “The hottest love has the coldest end.” – Socrates
- “The one who loves the least, controls the relationship.” – Robert Anthony
- “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.” – Michael J Herbert
- “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” – Edith Hamilton
- “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting. If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually you will heal.” – Autumn Kohler
- “A bad relationship will make you feel more alone than when you were single.”
- “Let go of those who are already gone.”
- “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life, than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.” – Terry Mark
- “Relationships based on obligation lack dignity.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The death of one relationship always starts with small arguments and then the suspicions.”
- “Sometimes, we just fall in love with the wrong people.”
- “Just because someone desires you, does not mean that he values you.” — Julianne Cantarella
- “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally, and sometimes, physically.” – Kemi Sogunle
- “Never date someone who makes pain a side effect of love.”
- “You can’t change someone who doesn’t see an issue in their actions.”
- “The moment you start to wonder that you deserve a better person in life. You actually do”
- “It’s better to be single with high standards than in a relationship settling for less.”
- “A broken heart bleeds tears.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be,” – Rae Hachton
- “So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” E. A. Bucchianeri
Also Read : Cute Valentine’s Day Quotes
Leaving A Toxic Relationship Quotes
These toxic relationship quotes and sayings will help encourage you to move on from toxic love. And hopefully remain strong and forever moved on.I personally know how tough it can be to break free from toxic relationships. I’m now on a mission to help as many people as I can to let go of bad relationship patterns – for good.In fact, I offer a range of research-based tools to help you avoid and manage toxic people.
- Letting go of toxic people is an act of self-care.
- You fell in love with my flowers but not my roots, so when Autumn arrived you didn’t know what to do
- There must come a time when your love for yourself becomes more important than your need to hold onto the pain of your past.
- We’ve all loved someone way too freaking much.
- Sometimes we want love but we push people away because we’re afraid of getting hurt. Unfortunately if we can’t trust, if we can’t be vulnerable, we can’t find love or happiness.
- While it may feel scary to be alone again, it may be even scarier to stay.
- Bravery is leaving a toxic relationship and knowing that you deserve better.
- Leaving a toxic relationship means giving yourself an opportunity to understand your needs.
- Ending an unhealthy relationship is not only courageous, but a monumental step in working towards a healthier relationship with yourself and others.
- Letting go of a toxic relationship gives you more space to get to know yourself.
- Ending a toxic relationship means putting your mental wellness first.
- Breaking up with an unhealthy partner gives you space to get to know what you need in a relationship.
- Trust yourself if you feel like your relationship is bringing you down.
- Leaving a toxic relationship may be painful at first, but with time, you may feel as if a huge weight has been lifted.
- Toxic partners can chip away your unique personality until you don’t know who you are anymore- take time to reconnect with yourself post-breakup.
- Once you leave a toxic relationship, know that it’s okay to reach out for help- it’s not easy processing this type of experience alone.
- Ending a toxic relationship often means beginning a new journey of self reflection and self-care.
- Don’t forget what happened when you were mistreated, use it to inform your future decisions.
- Saying goodbye to a toxic relationship means you were brave enough to trust your gut.
- Even though breakups can be painful, eventually your heart will catch up with your head.
- Ending a relationship that drains you gives you space to find what uplifts you.
- When you leave a toxic partner, you carry with you the knowledge you’ve gained from your experience with them.
- Acknowledge and learn from your toxic relationship before moving forward so you don’t go through the same experience with a different partner.
- You deserve to leave behind an unhealthy partner and connect with others who value you as a person and respect you wholeheartedly.
- One of the most difficult aspects of leaving a toxic relationship is missing the amazing moments you shared together and wondering if you’re making the right decision- know that unhealthy and abusive behavior almost always escalates.
Also Read: Top 30 Thinking Of You Quotes
Toxic Mother Daughter Relationship Quotes
Here are toxic mother quotes you have been waiting for to remind you that it’s not your fault that you were raised by a toxic mother. You can always break the cycle, remember.
- Toxic mothers always remain the strangest, craziest people we’ve ever met. Marguerite Duras.
- I was worthy of her love whether she gave it to me or not. Every child is worthy of love. Richard Paul Evans.
- My toxic mother can only intimidate me if I let her. While she’s busy trying to bully the child I, the adult I can reject her, ignore her or report her to authorities. Rayne Wolf.
- Any mother that could be cruel to a child is not going to apologize to that child when they have grown up. Rayne Wolf.
- Toxic mothers plant seeds of guilt, low self-esteem and low self-worth into their daughters which further manifests when those daughters get into their own relationships making them extremely needy or even toxic just like their own moms. Trialsandtests.
- Daughters often get their toxic behaviour from their toxic mothers which they later import into their own relationships in future. Trialsandtests.
- Your mother may be toxic or verbally and emotionally abusive towards you but you need to still love, honour and thank her for the gift of life she gave you not because she deserves your love but because you love, value yourself and know that your self-worth and value isn’t dependent on anyone, including your allegedly toxic mom. Trialsandtests.
- Very often, toxic moms will abandon their own children and find meaningless excuses to justify their deeds as to why they are not able to be there for their children. Trialsandtests.
- You don’t have to feel guilty if you have to distance yourself for a while from your toxic mom if she becomes too toxic to be around her in peace without causing any drama. Trialsandtests.
- Sometimes, loving your toxic mom and sending her sweet love letters reminding her that you always be her dear child and always love her no matter what from a distance can be the best revenge to help your toxic mom come to her senses. Trialsandtests.
- Narcissist mothers teach their daughters that love is not unconditional, that it is given only when they behave by maternal expectations and whims. Dr McBride.
- Boys and girls of narcissistic mothers both have to deal with a deficit of maternal nurturing that their upbringing lacked. Mark Bans chick.
- Most narcissistic mothers see motherhood as a burden and like to let it be known how much work it is. Michelle Piper.
- The narcissist mother refuses to acknowledge her games if she is pouting, let her. If she is using guilt in an attempt to force you to do something, do not give in. Cynthia Bailey Rug. 15. I will take everything negative about my mother and flip it in my life. I will create a welcoming and warm home life. I will express love and encourage others daily; I will extend myself to those in need and I will remember a life well-lived is the best revenge. Rayne Wolfe.
- I will participate in a mother-daughter relationship only if it’s positive. Rayne Wolfe.
- All toxic mothers are more dangerous than absent fathers due to their contagious toxic energy which poisons your soul. Trialsandtests.
- You don’t have to be a victim of the abuse that toxic moms subjected to you in your childhood. You can always break that cycle and start living happily again for your own future family and children. Trialsandtests.
- Toxic mothers have this type of toxic manipulative love which is controlling and possessive in nature and never allows you to be yourself or express your true individuality. Trialsandtests.
- You can’t change your stubborn toxic mom but you can always influence her with your positive energy, unconditional love, compassion and understanding at a distance if needed. Trialsandtests.
- Toxic mother will often play favourites with their children in that they will love other children more than you if you don’t conform to their wishes. Trialsandtests.
- Sometimes, unconditional love from you which you were never given by your abusive and toxic mom is all that your toxic mom may need to help her realize where she came up short. Trialsandtests.
- Being surrounded by toxic mothers can be the loneliest moments in your life as a child due to a lack of connection & bonding between mother and child. Trialsandtests.
- An unloving mother robs the child of a sense of belonging. The need to belong can become a lifelong quest for him or her. Peg Streep.
- When you have this hurt for this long, particularly when a bond so sacred as the mother to child is broken, it’s a slow walk to healing. Iyanla Vanzant
Even the most chill relationships between mothers and daughters have their bumps in the road. A toxic relationship quotes is one based around anger, emotional manipulation, and other negative and hurtful feelings, instead of mutual support. Hope the above quotes are beneficial for you.
Also Read: Of Mice And Men Quotes